Employment Law Lawyers
General Advice And Counseling | Compliance | Litigation And ADR | Employment Policies
Finneran & Nicholson, P.C. offers skilled, experienced employment law services. We assist both employees and employers in negotiating and drafting separative agreements for our business clients. We provide legal advice in virtually every aspect of this continually evolving area of law, resolving issues for our clients that can arise at any stage of business, from startup, business expansion, reductions in force, severance, discrimination litigation to compliance matters.
Our team of lawyers guides business entities, principals and human resource personnel through the statutory and regulatory employer requirements and helps them implement a proactive approach that can anticipate and avoid problems before they occur.
Our law firm performs a whole panoply of employment law services for both employers and employees, including:
- General advice and counseling, including state and federal discrimination law compliance, wage and hour compliance, disciplinary actions and reductions in force
- Employment disputes and workplace issue resolution
- Litigation in state and federal courts; alternative dispute resolution (ADR) before state and federal commissions and administrative agencies such as the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination
- Drafting and preparing employment policies, handbooks, contracts, separation agreements and other employment-related documents
- Contracts and contract disputes, including severance agreements, appropriate termination steps and noncompetition and nonsolicitation agreements
- Severance agreements
Our goal is to quickly and thoroughly grasp both your business needs and your employment law concerns so we can help you put in place plans that will reduce the opportunity for disgruntled employees to sue you for failing to comply with state or federal laws.
The vast majority of our employment law clients come to us through personal referrals, and they are primarily based throughout the New England area, including the Newburyport, Greater Boston, Portsmouth and New Hampshire areas.
Our Clients’ Needs Come First
An overriding focus of our firm is to provide client satisfaction. For our clients, this commitment translates into results that provide reassurance and confidence that we can protect their interests no matter what employment law or other business matter they are dealing with. We respond quickly to concerns from our clients, listening carefully to their needs and goals, analyzing their situation and suggesting legal options that can help resolve their situation.