Mark W. Griffin
Managing Director of Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Conveyancing
- Land Use Permitting
- Condominium Law
- General Real Estate Matters
- Real Estate Development
Attorney Mark W. Griffin focuses his practice on real estate law, including residential and commercial real estate closings, land use permitting and condominium matters. With regard to land use, he has substantial experience in representing developers as well as property owners in obtaining permits for projects primarily in the Greater Newburyport area. Attorney Griffin represents both buyers and sellers of residential and commercial real estate as well as lenders. He is on the list of many local banks and can close for a wide array of mortgage companies.
Attorney Griffin earned his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from the Massachusetts School of Law in 1996 where he served as an editor of the law review. He graduated from Merrimack College in 1985 with a degree in economics and is a U.S. Army veteran.
He is a member of the Real Estate Bar Association of Massachusetts, the Greater Newburyport Bar Association and an affiliate member of the Greater Newburyport Association of Realtors and a member of the Greater Newburyport Chamber of Commerce where he sits on its Economic Development Action Committee. Attorney Griffin has volunteered with various local nonprofits, including the Custom House Maritime Museum, Christmas in April and the Merrimack Valley Nutrition Program. He has previously served as a City Councilor for the City of Newburyport and as a member of the Newburyport Zoning Board of Appeals. Attorney Griffin has served on the legal transition team for two Newburyport mayors and he is a Corporator for the Institution for Savings bank.
- Massachusetts School of Law, Andover, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1996
- Honors: cum laude
- Merrimack College, North Andover
- B.A. - 1985
- Massachusetts, 1996
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 1996
- Past Counsel to the Newburyport Affordable Housing Corporation
- Past Counsel to the Newburyport Farmers Market
- Real Estate Bar Association of Massachusetts, Member
- Greater Newburyport Bar Association, Member
- American Land Title Association, Member
- Northeast Builders Association, Member